By the way, here's the ghetto way to make mead*:
- empty 5 litre plastic container
- 1 litre cheap orange juice
- 1 kilo honey
- enough hot water to top it up to 4 litres (e.g. by washing out the honey jars)
- two teaspoons brewer's yeast
- cap it, shake it REALLY HARD to mix it up
- balloon with pinhole to serve as airlock on top
- leave for two months (Change balloon every couple of weeks.) Filter. Leave for another two months.
If you want to be super-ghetto and use bread yeast, start off two teaspoons yeast in a jam jar with two tablespoons warm water and one tablespoon sugar. Leave it to stand for 5-10 min until it starts frothing. Then put that in the above and proceed from the shaking step.
This sort of thing is why banning alcohol is futile.
* technically an orange melomel, but nobody cares